Chia Pudding *Recipe yields 4.5 cups of chia pudding, you can happily store it in the fridge up to 5 days.
- 1 /2 a cup of Chia seeds
- 2 1/4 cups almond milk or any milk of your preference
- Optional flavouring such as cacao, maca, matcha to add on
- 2 Teaspoonfuls of honey
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine chia seeds, almond milk and any additional flavourings of your choosing into a pot bringing it to slow boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Turn off the stove once large bubbles appear, cover, and let the chia sit until it cools.
3. Place the mixture in a container and let it set in the fridge until ready to use. You can eat it as is, add it into smoothies, or even better with fruits and yoghurt for a nourishing midday snack.
*NB – Chia seeds can absorb up to 27 times their weight in water. This posed a problem for one man with a history of swallowing problems who, doctors say, developed an esophageal obstruction after eating a tablespoon of chia seeds dry and trying to wash them down with a glass of water. The seeds formed a thick gel in his esophagus that he was unable to swallow down without medical treatment. Although this case was rare, please do try and avoid consuming chia seeds dry.